Megamenu is an amazing extension of Prestashop that allows the users to view all the categories of products that you are selling in a single view. You can even add banners, images, and videos to the PrestaShop mega menu. The features and benefits of the mega menu vary depending upon the extension that you choose. You have to consider the best builder before you build your menu and also You must consider the version of PrestaShop before choosing or buying an extension. Here we provide a guide to install Prestashop mega menu by SP.
This step by step guide will help you install SP mega menu —
Installation – This module is compatible with the version 1.6 of Prestashop and so you must first install version 1.6.x of Prestashop. There are six steps that must be followed for installation of Prestashop mega menu by SP.
- Step1 – you must log in to the admin panel of Prestashop and then navigate to back office –> Modules and Services –> Modules and Services.
- Step2 – there is an Add a new module button at the top area of this page.
- Step3 – On clicking the button you will get the option to choose a file where you can upload the zip file of the spmegamenu which you have downloaded. After that click on Upload this module button.
- Step4 – once uploaded click on Install button to install the mega menu extension.
- Step5 – if you get a notification then you must proceed with the installation to complete installing the module.
- Step6 – once the installation is complete then you will get the modules installed successfully message and then you can configure the module.
The configuration of the module —
Backend settings —
- Title – This is the title of the menu. You can click on Show title checkbox to show or hide the menu.
- Label – this will display the label of the menu. You can input the content of this section using HTML/CSS code.
- Short description – this shows a short description of menu using an HTML/CSS editor.
- Parent ID – Parent of the menu item.
- Submenu Title – Title of the submenu.
- Show subtitle – enable or disable the subtitle of the submenu.
- Type of menu – this can be set to URL, product, manufacture, product list, all supplier, all manufacture, category, HTML, cms, supplier, subcategories.
- There are also backend settings for URL, Class, Width, has a submenu, submenu width, group and active related to the menu item.
- Menu list – the menu list has the option to add more menu and also to duplicate, delete, edit, enable or disable.