- What is Android? Here’s a guide for beginners
- How to set up your Android tablet or smartphone for the first time
With an application
Normally, it is not possible to change the name of your applications as easily as this. But you know us, we do not often lower our arms! We have found an application, called Icon Changer, which makes it possible to achieve our goal very easily, without need of root or technical knowledge.
- Open the Icon Changer application, then click the middle icon representing a green Android and a red Android
- From the list of applications, choose the one you want to modify
- Change the name according to your wishes
- Confirm with OK
This allows you to create custom application shortcuts on your home screen, but be careful: applications and widgets will remain under the same name in the application drawer!
- Version of the app: 3.6.2
- Size of the app: 7,10 Mo
- Compatibility of the app: Android 4.0 or more
- Business model: free
Icon Changer free
With a launcher
There is also another solution, parallel to the one we have just presented: some alternative launchers ( what is a launcher? ) Allow to modify the names of the applications. I recommend Nova Launcher, one of the easiest to use.
- Launch the launcher
- Click for a few seconds on one of the application icons
- Choose “Edit”
- Enter the desired name, and it’s over!
- Version of the app: 5.0.3