Every time you install a new application, Android will automatically create a shortcut on your mobile desktop. Unlike Windows, Google’s mobile operating system does not allow you to change the image of the icon, or even the name associated with it. Fortunately there is a way around this prohibition.
Customize the Android desktop
As amazing as it sounds, Android does not have a module worthy of the name to truly customize the screen of its mobile . It is possible to move the icons, add widgets but nothing has been provided to easily change the icons of its favorite applications. And yet this function proves indispensable to give his smartphone a totally personal look.
The launchers very often offer multiple options to customize the home screen of their mobile. Unfortunately these launchers are far from free of defects. Some are heavy battery consumers and others are slowly slowing down the machines on which they are installed.
Edit images of your icons
To change the desktop icons on your mobile phone without having to make complex manipulations, you will need to install the free VisualizeR Desktop application. This small utility available on the Play Store will allow you to create a shortcut from your favorite images . The operation will only take a few seconds. That’s why it is not offered by default on all Android phones.
- Open the Google Play Store
- In the search field type Desktop VisualizeR
- Click the Install button to start downloading the application
- Launch Desktop VisualizeR
- Press the Select icon button and choose from the list the type of image you want to associate with your shortcut (personal photos, icon pack etc.)
- Then click the Action button and select the application of your choice
- In the label field , you can rename your icon by giving it the name you want
- Confirm by pressing the OK key
Here you just create a custom shortcut. Now you just have to delete the old icons from your desktop. Note that the notifications tabs appearing on the SMS app will no longer appear after you have customized it. Note that you will find on the net hundreds of packs of icons already made to change the look of your smartphone.